Powerful Whole Sales Funnel San Diego PPC Tactics (11 Tips)
Why people look for products and services online can vary, and your pay-per-click (PPC) ads should match their intentions. For this reason, a San Diego PPC agency picks the right strategies based on the funnel stage.
This article gives you some ideas on effective strategies, tips, and tactics for the sales funnel, including:
- The top three funnel stages (TOFU, MOFU, and BOFU)
- Objectives in every phase
- Specific PPC tips to implement
PPC costs money, so you want to ensure that you spend it on techniques that deliver. Begin by learning more about the whole customer journey below. Let’s go!
If you want to learn how Digital Authority Partners can increase your PPC effectiveness, watch this video!
Top-of-the-Funnel (TOFU) Stage
In PPC advertising, the top-of-the-funnel stage refers to the early phases of the customer journey. Usually, these are awareness and interest and consist of:
- In the awareness stage, your leads still do not know that your business exists. However, they want to know if your niche (or products and services) can solve their problems.
- When they enter the interest phase, they have more ideas about your industry and what it offers. However, they are not actively looking for a brand or a company. Instead, they want to learn more.
Most marketers describe audiences in the MOFU phase as "ice cold." They are the hardest to please. But without them, you have no one to convert.
For this reason, your TOFU PPC objectives should not be to convert them to sales but to create awareness and nurture them into becoming leads.
In particular, a San Diego PPC agency focuses on:
- Increasing brand awareness
- Attracting a larger audience to your website
- Encouraging potential customers to explore your website and learn more about your products
- Building a remarketing audience for later targeting
- Boosting website traffic
You can achieve these with the following PPC tips:
1. Know their buyer personas and user intent.
2. Use broad-match or modified broad-match keywords to reach a wider audience. For example, if you are a San Diego business offering tours, possible keywords are “tour guides” or “vacation packages.”
3. Use audience targeting to reach potential customers who have shown interest in your products or comparable products.
4. Schedule ads during peak hours when potential customers are most likely online.
5. Offer something of value, such as a free e-book or discount, in exchange for signing up for your email list.
6. Run display advertising to reach potential customers while they are browsing other websites.
7. Write a compelling copy to get your message across quickly. Take advantage of ad extensions to provide additional information about your business and its offerings.
8. Include calls to action (CTAs) encouraging potential customers to explore your website rather than directly requesting a purchase.
Middle-of-the-Funnel (MOFU) Stage
The middle-of-the-funnel (MOFU) stage is the next step in the customer journey. They know that they can benefit from your industry’s products and services.
In addition, they have more than likely touched base with your brand. However, they are still not convinced that you are the right choice. They are actively seeking more options and comparing you with competitors.
Therefore, your MOFU PPC objectives are:
- Encourage further research and nurture your leads.
- Provide useful content that educates and engages potential customers.
- Strengthen relationships with current leads so that they are more likely to convert.
- Narrow the audience to “warm” leads who are more likely to purchase from you.
The best San Diego PPC tips to meet these goals include:
1. Use phrase-match or exact-match keywords to target more specific queries. Again, if you are a tour company in San Diego, these key phrases or terms might be “DIY vs. guided tours in San Diego” or “top San Diego hotels.”
2. Apply ad extensions such as site-link extensions to highlight specific pages on your website in which potential customers might be interested.
3. Split-test different ad copies, landing pages, and targeting options to see what works best for your audience.
4. Create landing pages that provide more detailed information about your products and services, preferably comparison guides if relevant.
5. Leverage remarketing to target previous website visitors and encourage them to return. For instance, run dynamic ads with the exact products they viewed.
6. Offer potential customers incentives, such as free trials or consultations, to encourage them to take the next step.
Bottom-of-the-Funnel (BOFU) Stage
The bottom-of-the-funnel (BOFU) stage is where potential customers are ready to buy. They have already done their research and have compared various products and businesses. However, they are still not sure which one to pick.
Your BOFU PPC objectives should be:
- Convert leads into customers by giving them that final push.
- Provide tailored offers to convince potential customers to purchase from you.
- Boost your return on ad spend (ROAS).
- Increase sales.
The best PPC strategies to meet these goals include:
1. Run search ad campaigns targeting keywords relevant to potential customers’ specific buying intent. These are usually exact-match phrases. So, if you are a San Diego tour company, these might be “San Diego beach tour booking” or “discount tour packages in San Diego.”
2. Use ad customizers to dynamically insert specific details, such as price and location, into your ads based on the user’s search query.
3. Consider using countdown ads to create a sense of urgency and encourage potential customers to take action before a sale or promotion ends.
4. Include ad copy emphasizing your deals and promotions, such as free shipping or a limited-time discount.
5. Create landing pages, such as a streamlined checkout process, which make it easy for potential customers to complete their purchases.
6. Use remarketing ads to reach potential customers who have abandoned shopping carts or visited your website without buying.
7. Include CTAs encouraging potential customers to complete their purchase, such as “Buy Now” or “Add to Cart.”
You can use PPC to effectively reach and convert customers at every stage of their buying journey. However, your objectives and strategies should align with what they need.
Digital Authority Partners (DAP) helps you navigate the complexities of PPC and create tailored campaigns that meet your specific goals. Contact us today for a free consultation to get started.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here