Dentists! Try These Ideas for Great Content Marketing
With stiff competition among dental clinics today, you need a dentist content marketing plan with bite. When done right, they increase patient trust and build a credible brand.
What content should you make? Scale your business and increase brand awareness with these ideas:
- Local SEO to increase foot traffic and appointments
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) for immersive user experience (UX)
- Short-form videos to tell a story
- Paid ads to raise brand awareness quickly
- Repurpose old content to improve search engine optimization (SEO)
- Podcasts and webinars to build industry authority
- Blogs to educate patients
Read the article for tips, insights, and examples to help dental clinics customize content marketing campaigns.
Are you looking for help with marketing your healthcare business? Watch the video below to learn our approach to healthcare marketing and why 150+ healthcare companies have chosen Digital Authority Partners to help them generate more leads and patient appointments.
1. Local SEO To Increase Foot Traffic and Appointments
Most patient surveys cite convenience as one of the primary factors in choosing a clinic. Does your business appear for “nearby” and “near me” searches? If not, do local search optimization for more foot traffic and dental appointments.
Begin your plan with these five strategies:
- Localize your content, from the language to the tone, keywords, and visuals, such as photos and videos.
- Claim and optimize your business listings. Prioritize Google My Business (GMB) profile and schema to increase the chances of appearing in the local map pack. Include media assets. Pepper keywords in the description.
- Write a consistent name, address, and phone number for all your digital touchpoints.
- Collaborate with local influencers for more community exposure.
- Encourage patients to leave reviews.
- Embed your GMB profile and the map location on your website.
- Optimize for voice search.
2. AR and VR To Create an Immersive UX
Immersive technologies such as AR and VR combine interactivity, education, and fun to improve the user experience (UX) and increase patient retention. These innovations particularly address dental anxiety, one of the most persistent reasons people avoid visiting clinics and delay care.
In a 2023 Applied Sciences study, a Saudi Arabian dental clinic used AR and VR to calm children during their visits. The solution consisted of a 360-degree office simulation, educational descriptions of dental tools, and interactive dental hygiene stories.
When researchers measured the young participants’ anxiety levels, the data showed the children felt more at ease in the clinic and engaged more during learning time.
3. Short-Form Videos To Tell a Story
Stories are powerful content marketing ideas. They showcase rawness and authenticity. They also connect with people’s emotions and demonstrate expertise.
Short-form videos emerge as the most effective of the many ways to tell a story. The format seamlessly fits into people’s device-and-go culture. Clinics can produce them quickly within a budget and share them easily on different social media platforms.
Here are excellent 15-minute-or-less videos you can shoot:
- Q&A with a dentist
- Educational videos explaining procedures
- Behind-the-scenes of clinic life
- Interviews with satisfied patients
- Office tour
- Short case studies of challenging cases
- Myths versus facts
- Day in the life of a dentist and its staff
4. Paid Ads To Raise Brand Awareness Quickly
Paid ads are a potent way to amplify a dental clinic’s online visibility, especially in an already saturated market. They also complement organic strategies such as SEO by positioning the business in front of a highly targeted audience with a few clicks.
Launching a successful paid-ad campaign involves careful planning and execution. First, identify your audience. Know their demographics, behaviors, and needs.
Set a clear goal. Do you want to increase new patient appointments, promote a specific dental service, or introduce your business?
Then, decide on the platforms on which to run ads. Google, Bing, and social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram bring access to their vast user bases and targeting capabilities.
Last, design your ad creatives carefully. Incorporate engaging visuals, compelling headlines, and a clear call-to-action. Align these elements with your brand's image and voice.
5. Repurposed Old Content To Improve SEO
Do your SEO campaigns need a boost? One great strategy is to repurpose old content. This maximizes existing materials and refreshes them for a better impact on search results. It also requires less time and money.
Clinics can repurpose their content in various ways:
- Take existing blog posts and turn them into infographics, slideshows, or webinars.
- Update older videos with new visuals, audio, messages, and titles.
- Create a series of posts on related topics or revamp old content to target new keywords.
- Curate popular blog articles from other sources and add your insights.
- Cluster topics to pass on link authority to low-performing pages.
6. Podcasts and Webinars To Build Industry Authority
Brand trust drives customer loyalty and elevates people’s positive perceptions of the business. This matters more in healthcare, where patients may need extra reassurance to feel confident about their choices and decisions.
To build brand trust, one essential component is reputation. This is where webinars and podcasts are useful.
These powerful content marketing strategies transform you into an industry leader or authority. The formats provide uninterrupted time for interviews, guest speakers, Q&A sessions, or panel discussions.
Webinars often showcase a dental clinic’s professional capabilities and high-level expertise. Podcasts open doors to discussing complex topics in detail. These include advanced treatments, patient care, or industry news.
7. Blogs to Educate Patients
Blogs are tried-and-tested, versatile content pieces dentists can use to address patient needs. In particular, they are suitable for demand generation, where the goal is not to make a sale but to educate and engage prospects until they are ready for conversion.
This content type works well for dentists who want to:
- Showcase their expertise in the industry,
- Reach out to new patients and create rapport with them,
- Answer commonly asked questions about treatments, appointments, or health tips, and
- Explain treatment procedures or give oral care advice.
Blog posts are also great for SEO. Well-written content incorporates relevant keywords and optimizes meta tags. It also uses essential visuals, follows best practices such as Google’s E-E-A-T (experience, expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness), and uses responsive design to function well on mobile devices.
With more patients relying on the internet for healthcare information, dentists should work on increasing their visibility in search results and other digital channels. Content is one of the best tools for that. They are educational, inspirational, and authoritative.
These seven ideas help dental clinics get started on their content marketing journey. Digital Authority Partners (DAP) also offers specialized content services.
As experts in dentist content marketing, we provide comprehensive solutions that include SEO-friendly content, website design and development, link building, optimization for SERP visibility, and more. We help you build a credible, trustworthy brand online.
Contact us today for a free consultation on how to grow your dental practice online.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here