5 Pointers for a Winning Content Marketing Strategy for Dentists
How do you make your dental website stand out from similar sites? By using high-quality, optimized content to attract more patients and lead them to your local dental office.
You can create a winning content marketing strategy that showcases your expertise in the dental industry through great content. This guide will focus on the five top dentist content marketing techniques:
- Defining your target market
- Starting a blog
- Using newsletters
- Creating your FAQ
- Developing guides and free reports
With a fool-proof content marketing strategy, you can rule search engine results pages (SERPs) and promote your dental brand locally online.
5 Techniques for a Successful Dentist Content Marketing Strategy
Dentists, from dental practitioners to business managers, wear different hats while promoting their practice online. These changes are because more people use the web than ever before to find services, products, and local businesses.
How popular is the internet for these searches? Twenty-one percent of US consumers used the internet daily in 2021 to look for local companies. About 35% said they searched for local businesses multiple times a week.
Upping your game on your content marketing strategies will bring more traffic and exposure to your dental practice. Here are five top dental content marketing strategies that guarantee success.
1. Define Your Target Market
Content creation is easier when you know your target market’s needs, buying behavior, and other demographic factors. After all, they are the center of your marketing efforts.
Many businesses target anyone interested in their services. Some focus on residents around their business location. But these are too general. Targeting a specific market lets you concentrate your budget and brand message creation on those more likely to get your services.
Dentists’ specific market depends on their services. You could have "patients looking for dental implants in Chicago" or "patients searching for teeth whitening treatments." Guided by your target market’s profile, create content to promote your services specifically to them.
Here are more ways to define your audience.
- Examine your current clients. Find common characteristics and interests among them.
- Look at your competition. Their current customers and services may help you find an overlooked market.
- Analyze your services. List the features and benefits of each and match them to people needing such services.
- Go for specific demographics. Consider factors like age, gender, location, income level, educational level, occupation, ethnic background, the preferred device to access the web, etc.
2. Start a Blog
Blogs are crucial to dental content marketing because they're what you must frequently update to attract new patients. Your blogs can help you build awareness for your brand and show your expertise. An expert on dentist content marketing can help you start your first blog.
But what can dentists blog about? It's natural to struggle to update your blog, especially when you need to do this daily. Soon, you may find yourself out of ideas! But there are many exciting topics that dentists can post every day, and here are some of them:
- Write your pick of the week. This is probably the easiest way to produce regular content. You can blog about anything related to your industry, such as a new teeth whitening tool or clinic policy.
- Show your clinic behind the scenes. Include photos or videos about your daily life and work as a dentist. This content promotes transparency and reaches out to patients and aspiring dental professionals.
- Post-patient case studies. You've probably seen these in dental YouTube videos where dentists try to fix an issue of a particular patient. People love this content, especially if the problem is similar to theirs.
- Highlight the latest dental news. This is one of the ways to show that you’re updated with the latest news related to your field.
- Point out common mistakes in dental hygiene. Use your blog to correct bad habits like sugary diets and smoking, toothbrush techniques, teeth cleaning, etc.
- Post about dental services. Many patients are still afraid of the dentist! Reduce this fear by introducing your treatments and services and how they are safely done.
- Observe Dental Awareness Months. Mark these dates on your calendar: October is National Dental Hygiene Month, April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month, and February focuses on children’s dental wellness. These are the best times to create timely and relevant content.
3. Try Newsletters
Think newsletters are a thing of the past? Think again! Online newsletters are a great marketing vehicle for your practice. According to a 2021 poll of US advertisers spending at least $10,000 per year on digital ads, 86% agreed that newsletters create a strong connection between brands and consumers.
Newsletters allow you to communicate directly with your customers and prospects. These contain personalized content relevant to your customers. And since you have direct access to your customer's inbox, you can also promote marketing content, which can drive more traffic and revenue to your site and the local clinic.
A newsletter also shows that you're committed to providing the best dental services to your customers. Thus, you need to create quality, helpful, and engaging newsletters each time. Here are tips to follow:
- Use your social media channel. Tease your customers about your upcoming newsletter through your social media pages. Include excerpts from your newsletter articles, photos, and promos.
- Show consistency. Publish content consistently every week, twice a week, etc. Send your newsletter during the best times of the day. This depends on your customer's preferences, so take time to find this out.
- Provide unique ideas. Publish something special that will engage your customers when they check your newsletter out. They will likely expect your following newsletters to have this kind of content.
- Add user-generated content. Include customer reviews and testimonials to add credibility and authority.
4. Create Your FAQ
A section answering frequently asked questions (FAQ) on your website helps users quickly search for what they need. Your FAQ page must provide quick responses like details about payment methods or a specific service.
Your FAQ page also promotes internal link-building. Creating good internal links helps search engines understand your content and rank you better. Use the following tips to make the best FAQ page for your dental website.
- Refer to your dental services. This is where the bulk of your customers’ questions come from.
- Create an organized FAQ page. Group questions according to services or from the most frequently asked to the least.
- Add live support options. Some customers may click on the FAQ hoping for answers but end up frustrated if they can't find one. Also, some may give up searching and decide to contact you.
- Update FAQ content regularly. There's nothing worse than old FAQ content. Constantly update this page as your services, policies, and business information change.
5. Develop Guides and Free Reports
Creating dental guides and reports also shows your authority in your industry and your expertise in your field. Thoroughly research a topic and show people its importance. Publish your guides through channels that your audience will easily digest.
Have your dental guides and reports reviewed by dentistry and dental science experts. Submit them to different dental resource groups like The Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA) and International Dental Research. Here are a few tips for creating the best dental guides for your patients and industry.
- Choose a trending topic. Scour the web for dental issues that your audience is talking about. Use Google search or ask your customers personally.
- Check statistics. The web has a ton of dental statistics, on which you could base your guides or reports.
- Select the best format. Explore content formats to identify what works best for your customers. Decide if you’ll use videos, infographics, or other content types.
- Use the best language. Avoid medical jargon if your guide is for patients. Write in a language that they will understand.
Hire a healthcare content marketing expert, ideally one specializing in dental content. Having an expert manage your content helps you focus on your patients, and you can rest assured that your marketing is in the right hands.
You need winning dentist content marketing strategies to succeed in promoting your practice. Define your target market and start a blog, newsletter, and FAQs. Develop guides and free reports to engage your customers and patients more. These strategies will help your website reach more patients and lead them to your dental clinic for the best service.
Have you wondered how content marketing can help your dental practice? Contact Digital Authority Partners to find out. Let’s improve your digital marketing today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here