How Plumbers Get Found: Try These Perfect SEO Strategy Tips
Traditional advertising, like flyers, signage, and newspaper ads, used to help many plumbers attract customers. However, with the rise of the internet, people now rely on search engines to find the nearest expert.
Plumbers now use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to reach more customers and expand their brand. This guide reveals the top SEO tips for modern plumbers:
- Conduct plumbing keyword research.
- Create content relevant to different services.
- Improve mobile experience.
- Stay active on social media.
- Optimize Google Business Profile.
Find out how a Chicago local SEO agency can make a difference in your plumbing business. Let’s go!
Watch this video to learn about the Digital Authority Partners approach to local SEO!
Conduct Plumbing Keyword Research
Individuals search the internet using the keywords that spring to mind to answer their question. While it is impossible to guess which keywords any one individual will use, keyword research uncovers patterns in typical search queries. Learn these keywords to optimize articles, blogs, videos, social media posts, and descriptions.
For example, people use "plumbing services near me" or "Chicago plumbing company" to search for local plumbers. However, the word “plumbing” might not even appear in a query. A searcher who types "sink leak repair in Chicago" is also likely seeking a plumber. Other keywords go into further detail about the specific service they seek, such as "cost of guest bathroom plumbing installation?" or "How long does drain cleaning take?”
Because of the complexity of keywords for plumbing contractors, you should spend time researching your customers, how they look for information online, and the platforms they prefer. Also, checking on competitor keywords can reveal keyword targeting opportunities.
By targeting the right keywords, your plumbing website can show its relevance in search engines and promote its ranking and visibility. The right keywords increase SEO traffic.
Here are some keyword research strategies to try:
- Create a list of all potential plumbing keywords. Include the services you offer as part of the keyword list.
- List broad topics that are relevant to plumbing. These can include the plumbing profession, tools, trends, solutions, supplies, services, and so forth.
- Include conversational keywords commonly used by customers when they search using smart speakers, voice assistants, or smartphones.
- Use keyword research tools such as Google Keyword Planner to find additional relevant keywords.
- Consider keyword search volume and competition. Keyword volume determines the popularity and competitiveness of the keyword. Targeting these terms allows plumbers to develop interest and boost traffic to their website.
- Classify keywords according to search intent. Searchers use informational keywords to find out more about what they seek. They use navigational terms to find a particular website or page. Commercial keywords indicate a specific brand, service, or product. Transactional keywords come into play when searchers want to complete an activity, such as sign up for an offer or set an appointment.
Once the plumbing keyword list is ready, create relevant content.
Create Content Relevant to Different Services
One of the ways SEO helps businesses is through relevant, optimized content. People who are not yet ready to book a service seek expert information instead. Using relevant keywords in your content, you can provide expert content to these information seekers.
When these keywords anchor on what customers search for regarding plumbing, the content likely ranks high on search engine results pages (SERPs). Creating keyword-optimized content for each plumbing service and for every location a plumbing business serves increases the pages' relevance in search results.
For instance, a plumbing company in Chicago also serves the nearby suburbs of Summit, Forest Park, Cicero, and Melrose Park. Their website has pages for every location with information about the services they provide in each one.
Improve Mobile Experience
Most searches for local businesses and services take place on mobile devices. In a typical scenario, a homeowner discovers a leak and wants a plumber to look at it immediately. They get on the phone to look for a local plumber. Minutes later, the plumber solves the problem.
Searching for a plumber or contractor on a smartphone is more convenient. Google also ranks sites with mobile-friendly designs higher in search results. Thus, with all these benefits, marketers should optimize their websites for an excellent mobile user experience.
Here are some techniques to do it:
- Improve website navigation. Use a hamburger menu to keep navigation elements hidden until the user interacts. Include the most commonly accessed topics in the hamburger menu.
- Speed up the website by using lazy loading, reducing image sizes without compromising quality, and conducting page speed tests to identify areas for improvement.
- Include shortcuts using click-to-call, third-party, or social log-ins, and add mobile features to improve user experience.
- Test the website on various mobile devices.
Aside from a mobile-friendly site, plumbers can also use social media to reach more customers.
Stay Active on Social Media
Social media platforms are no longer just for meeting friends and family. Businesses can also meet customers, show their offers, products, or services, book visits, and more. Overlooking social media is no longer an option for plumbers because, as of April 2023, there were 4.8 billion social media users.
Therefore, build your social media presence on relevant social platforms. Facebook is the most popular social media site, with more than three billion monthly active users. On a Facebook business page you can post your services, offers, and relevant information.
You can use Facebook Messenger's options to automate customer bookings and information dissemination. Customers can post comments, and you can respond to them right away. Social media pages need regular monitoring and updating with fresh content. Google rewards new content with higher rankings on SERPs.
Optimize Google Business Profile (GBP)
GBP is a free business profile listing from Google. Only verified companies get a GBP; having one can significantly improve your reputation.
Also, GBP connects with Maps, which helps customers find the business office using a street map. Google Maps can provide the most efficient route based on real-time traffic conditions so that customers can reach your office quickly.
After you claim your GBP, you can optimize it with your business’s name, address, and phone number. Add your business hours, indicating your hours during holidays and weekends. If your services are available 24/7, show this in your GBP. Also part of the GBP are your business URL, social media platforms, photos, and videos.
Customers can leave a review on your GBP, and encouraging customers to do so can benefit you. The Q&A feature allows them to provide answers to common questions about your services.
Google uses information from a company’s GBP to rank businesses on SERPs. Thus, completing and updating GBP is one of the best ways to gain visibility online.
You can reach your customers online by following SEO best practices. Improve your visibility in search engine results by conducting keyword research, creating relevant content, and improving your mobile experience. Also, by staying active on social media and optimizing your GBP listing, you can boost your ranking on SERPs.
A higher ranking promotes authority and expertise. Partner with a trusted Chicago local SEO agency and boost your orders online. Work with the experts. Contact Digital Authority Partners (DAP) today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here