How To Promote Your Hang-Gliding Business With Local SEO
How do you promote a unique business like a hang-gliding company? The answer is local search engine optimization (SEO). Nowadays, people looking for extreme sporting experiences use the web to find nearby companies.
A San Diego local SEO agency can help you meet your customers online with an optimized business website.
This guide is about promoting your hang-gliding business using SEO tactics:
- Relevant keywords
- Optimized content
- Claiming and managing your Google Business Profile
- Promoting through social media
It is time to improve your business with local SEO. Let’s go!
Watch this video to learn about the Digital Authority Partners approach to local SEO!
Use The Right Hang-Gliding Business Keywords
Using keywords that best relate to your hang-gliding company is the core of optimizing your site. With the right keywords, you can create engaging content promoting your authority or expertise in your niche.
For new businesses, focus on long-tail keywords to better zero in on your target market. Long-tail keywords are terms that are usually four or more words long, have low keyword difficulty, and are thus easier to rank for.
Some examples of long-tail keywords are "hang-gliding lessons for beginners" and "hang-gliding safety equipment for sale." These terms are precise, focusing on a particular group of users (beginners looking for lessons and people looking for hang-gliding safety equipment) and, thus, can guarantee better conversions.
You must conduct thorough keyword research to find the best keywords for a hang-gliding business. Follow these strategies to find the correct terms to rank.
- Get keyword ideas from search engine results pages (SERPs). Use Google search, People Also Ask, and Related searches for relevant keywords.
- Look for trending keywords. Keyword research tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, and Google Keyword Planner can help you find trending terms in your industry or market. You may also look at relevant social media platforms for the latest topics to find trending keywords.
- Conduct competitor research. Use keyword research tools to check on the terms your competitors are using. Look for gaps in their keyword strategies and take advantage of these to create the best content for your audience.
Create Unique Content with Your Offerings
With your hang-gliding keywords ready, you may start creating content to engage and convert your audience. Hang-gliding is an unusual activity, often offered by only a few companies and groups. Thus, you must create content highlighting your expertise, knowledge, and skills.
Aside from this, you must ensure your articles or posts target the right audience by better understanding your customers. Find out what they are looking for when it comes to hang-gliding, their pain points, and their issues. Use content to provide a solution to these issues.
People asking questions such as "Is it hard to learn hang-gliding?" could be engaging in the activity for the first time. Creating a beginner's guide or a step-by-step how-to guide is appropriate.
Those with a query like "hang-gliding equipment near me" may be interested in buying a hang-glider, including safety equipment and accessories. Create content that serves a purpose. Here are some tips.
- Use visuals to support your content. Pictures and videos help explain complex steps, like launching a hang-glider or the different hang-gliding strategies. Some people also prefer visual content to text.
- Conduct research to back your strategies. Always double-check the information you feature in your content. Refer to experts, and include experts' quotes, links, and social media profiles in hang-gliding to back your articles or posts.
- Consider various forms of content. Aside from text, use other forms like pictures, videos, infographics, and podcasts. Re-purpose and update old articles, videos, etc., to keep your pages relevant.
Claim and Manage Your Google Business Profile (GBP)
Your hang-gliding business' GBP is your unique profile highlighting your local shop. This profile also shows on Google Maps to help your customers find your business and get directions. Claiming your profile is the first step to optimizing your GBP.
GBP has your business name, address, and phone number (NAP). Still, once you claim it, you can edit or correct your profile and add your website, social media profiles, hours of operation, business description, and photos. Make sure all information is exactly the same in all places that you post it.
Optimizing your GBP helps Google and your customers understand your services. Completing your profile with accurate information also improves your chances of showing up in Google's Local Pack, which enhances your visibility on SERPs. Improve your profile with the following strategies:
- Stay consistent with your contact information. Your NAP and other GBP info should be the same as your contact details on your website, blogs, and social media. This improves customer trust that you are an active and professional business.
- Include a local business phone number. Let your customers know that they can contact you anytime using a local number and that you have an office in the area.
- Select the suitable business category. The right category helps Google and people understand what you are offering. There are various business categories, so pick the most accurate one. If you decide to change or add categories, verify your GBP again.
- Create a good business description. Your GBP description is only 750 characters long, so make the most of it by using your keywords at the beginning and highlighting your products or services.
Promote Your Business Through Social Media
Reach more customers and promote your hang-gliding lessons or services through social media. Although social media does not contribute to ranking, sharing your posts across various platforms can improve brand exposure through increased SEO.
Promote your local business on your industry's most popular and relevant social media platform. For companies offering hang-gliding lessons or equipment, having your business on Facebook can help you reach more customers. As of January 2023, Facebook remained the most popular, with 2,958 million active users worldwide.
Aside from promoting your business, your social media page can also help you provide customer service. Connect with your customers by answering inquiries, resolving issues, and recognizing reviews and comments.
Your website or blog should have social media icons so your audience can easily share your content. Use your social pages to stay ahead of your competition with these tips.
- Use your actual business name. This helps your customers find you faster online. Also, they can relate to your business better with your real name, not just your logo or storefront.
- Upload a good profile picture. We recommend using your logo to help people associate your business name with your logo. You may also use your business storefront, your mascot, or anything specific to your hang-gliding business.
- Regularly update your profile or bio. Any changes to your business information, contact details, logo, etc., must reflect in your social media profile. Do not forget to announce these changes on your social media page to inform your customers.
- Take advantage of hashtags. These also help with SEO because these are keywords. Hashtags categorize your content and help users find your pages or content on social media.
Promote your hang-gliding business using local SEO strategies. Focus on using relevant keywords, creating optimized content, claiming and managing your GBP, and optimizing your social media presence. Ensure that your customers can find your business online with local SEO, and you can guarantee better conversions and revenue.
Find out how SEO can help you promote your local brand. Contact the experts at Digital Authority Partners.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here